Lendrum Place, South, West - Edmonton
|Avg. house price:|
|Avg. condo price:|
|Avg. land price:|
Lendrum Place is a residential neighbourhood located in south west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It is named for Robert Lendrum, an early land surveyor.
According to the 2001 federal census, the majority of residential construction in Lendrum Place occurred during the 1960s. It was at this time that four out of five (80.8%) of residences were constructed. Another one in ten (11.6%) were constructed between the end of World War II in 1945 and 1960. The remaining 7.6% of the residences were built between 1970 and 1985.
Four out of five (77%) of all residences, according to the 2005 municipal census, were single-family dwellings. The remaining one in five residences (23%) were rented apartments in low-rise buildings with fewer than five stories. Three out of every four (73%) of all residences are owner-occupied with only one in four (27%) are rented.
There are three schools in the neighbourhood. Lendrum School and Avalon Junior High School are both operated by the Edmonton Public School System. St. Martin Catholic Elementary School is operated by the Edmonton Catholic School System.
Southgate Centre, a major shopping mall, is located to the south east in the adjoining neighbourhood of Empire Park. There is also a strip shopping centre located along the east edge of the neighbourhood.
The neighbourhood is served by both the South Campus/Fort Edmonton Park and Southgate LRT stations.
The neighbourhood is bounded on the north by 61 Avenue, on the south by 51 Avenue, on the east by 111 Street, and on the west by 115 Street.
The community is represented by the Lendrum Community League, established in 1962, which maintains a community hall, outdoor rink and beach volleyball courts located at 113 Street and 57 Avenue.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Lendrum Place had a population of 1,888 living in 846 dwellings, a -2.2% change from its 2009 population of 1,930. With a land area of 0.86 km2 (0.33 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,195.3 people/km2 in 2012.
*Source - Wikipedia
Lendrum Place, Edmonton - Listings for Sale
5216 114B Street in Edmonton: Zone 15 House for sale : MLS®# E4226352
5216 114B Street Zone 15 Edmonton T6H 3N5$511,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Don Liu of RE/MAX Real Estate
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,119 sq. ft.104 m2Fully renovated, beautifully upgraded 4 level split home located in the sought after neighbourhood of Lendrum Place. Open concept living space with hardwood flooring throughout the dinning room and family room. A large gorgeous kitchen with plenty of cabinets, granite counter tops & breakfast bar, stainless appliances. Upstairs has 2 bedrooms both with there own en-suite bathrooms A Jacuzzi and walk in closet. Down 1 level is a beautiful large living room with bright natural light from the big open windows, a fire place rock wall, bedroom and bathroom with a large tiled shower. Downstairs has another open bright living/recreation room (that could easily be converted to a 4th bedroom) with laminate flooring, another 3piece bathroom and laundry room. Main level also has laundry rough in. Outside has plenty of parking space a large oversized double garage and a low maintenance back yard. Features include newer shingles, paint, stucco, flooring, lighting, rock fireplace, and backyard pad. Don't miss out! More details
11409 55 Avenue in Edmonton: Zone 15 Vacant Lot for sale : MLS®# E4236564
11409 55 Avenue Zone 15 Edmonton T6H 0X3$399,000Single FamilyCourtesy of Curtis J Leibel of MaxWell Devonshire Realty
- MLS® Num:
- E4236564Vacant lot in prime location. Situated on 40 x 120 ft lot (445m2) with a south facing backyard. Previous house has already been removed, asbestos has been abated, lot has been divided and it's ready to go! In the desirable community of Lendrum, just steps to the schools and good access to many amenities. More details